1. Fluff Bake Bar (314 Gray St., 713.522.1900) is baking up irresistible fun with October specials like orange marshmallow Boo Moon Pies and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ($3 each) with rich cream cheese filling.
2. Cheers to Laurenzo’s (4412 Washington Ave., 713.880.5111 ) for shaking up Halloween cocktails. Apple cider sangria with white wine, spices and cinnamon refreshes, and the caramel green apple martini is a treat.
3. At Ooh La La (770 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N., Ste. 500, 713.456.6338), the Spider Web Boston cream pie cake ($40 to $160)—drenched in dark chocolate ganache—is wickedly delicious and showy for a party.
4. Hotel Derek (2525 West Loop S., 713.850.9200) is shaking a mean Pumpkin Pie martini ($12) this fall. Think Stoli vanilla vodka laced with pumpkin syrup and poured in a chilled martini glass rimmed in graham cracker crumbs.
5. Sprinkles (4014 Westheimer Rd., 713.871.9929) offers the Boo box this month with a dozen assorted cupcakes in flavors that goblins of all ages will find irresistible. Try new caramel apple along with chocolate, vanilla, red velvet and the Black & White.