1. New Arthur Ave Italian American (1111 Studewood St., 832.582.7146) recently rolled out a happy hour dubbed “Riposo.” Offered Monday through Saturday from 2:30PM-5:30PM, offerings include cocktails plus $10-$11 pizzas, pastas such as $9 spaghetti & meatballs and $10 penne alla vodka. Sweet Italian desserts are just $8.
2. September 16 is National Guacamole Day, who knew? To celebrate, all El Tiempo Cantina (3130 Richmond Ave., 713.807.1600) locations are dishing up the green at half price. Even better, it’s tableside prepared guacamole, so you can customize it with jalapenos, onions and more.
3. Say olé to tapas and rosé at Ibiza’s (2450 Louisiana St., 713.252.8192) new Tapas Hours from 2PM-6PM Thursdays and Fridays. Nibble on a full menu of terrific tapas bites and sip rosé or The Dunlavy white or red cuvee offered at special pricing.
4. For one night only, Peska Seafood Culture (1700 Post Oak Blvd., 713.961.9229) will host Project Ceviche, a one-of-a-kind pop up dinner by husband and wife team Octavio and Shannon Olivas, ceviche experts who hail from Los Angeles. The Sept. 25 event features a reception, multi-course seated dinner, calypso music and cocktails by Don Julio ($100).
5. SaltAir Kitchen (3029 Kirby Dr., 713.521.3333) continues its chef tasting series through Oct. 5 with special menus ($50) that span the globe. Jet set to San Francisco or get a taste from Morocco or the Mediterranean with dishes inspired by local restaurants. Check the website for the full schedule of menus.