2. Consider who you are now, not who you were or who you want to be. The pieces in your closet should be reflective of this.
3. Always ask yourself while editing your clothing – does it fit? Does it flatter? Does it make you feel great? These questions will help you decide which clothes to keep, and which to donate to Buffalo Exchange.
4. Prioritize spaces according to your lifestyle and habits. Keep the items you go to daily accessible and in reach. If you’re like us, your designated WFH sweats should be front and center. Place out-of-season clothing and occasional items on higher shelves.
5. Keep everything as visible as possible. If you don’t see it, you don’t know it! You don’t want your new Fendi fur coat getting lost in the shuffle. As, if!
6. Clear bins and containers are ideal for visibility and showcase beautifully, however, make sure to not go overboard. Stackable acrylic drawers and shelf dividers are our favorite container accessories. You can store jewelry, belts, scarves, and sunglasses—the list goes on and on!
7. Place shoes on designated shoe shelves. You can use custom shelves or racks placed on the floor. Throwing miscellaneous shoes on the floor of your closet is so not it.
8. Place acrylic dividers onto shelves to keep folded items, like t-shirts and sweaters, perfectly stacked.
9. Mount hooks on open walls for hats, handbags, scarves, robes, or chunky necklaces.
10. The number one game-changing accessory is hangers. Use all the same hangers to streamline the space for an overall curated aesthetic. Your sixteen identical “dinner with the girls” blouses deserve identical hangers!