When outfitting your home, look no further than these local spots.
A leather accent chair completes the cozy corner in Paloma & Co.’s charming shop.
1. The Avant-Garde Mecca One of the top purveyors of modern furniture and decor, Cantoni is your go-to for all things cutting-edge. It features furniture and state-of-the-art accessories for your home—both inside and out.
2. The Most Trend-Forward Concept At Paloma & Co., founded by designer Paloma Contreras and business partner Devon Liedtke, it’s all about the hunt—1,200 square feet are filled with one-of-a-kind antiques the duo sourced on travels, along with a selection of original art, tabletop pieces and on-trend furnishings.
3. The Go-To Fabric Showroom James has become a design destination for decorators around the country. Due to the discerning eye of its frontwoman, Meredith Ellis, beloved design stars like Sister Parish, Kathryn Ireland, Annie Selke, John Robshaw and Bunny Williams have a (chic!) home in Texas.
4. The Antique Mainstay Owner Ruth Davis travels the world to find pieces for her locally adored antiques shop, Found. Amid her edited, inventive bounty, contemporary artisan wares live in instagrammable harmony with foraged objects, architectural fragments and more.
One of Cantoni’s deliciously modern dining tables
5. The Tile for Techies Houston-grown La Nova’s mission is to bring the most technically advanced ceramic tile products to the city, focusing on contemporary tiles and slabs from Spain and Italy. This year the brand will debut Chromie, a line of gradient tile born out of a love for both art and blockchain technology.
6. The Statement Showroom At the end of 2019, European furniture showroom BeDESIGN announced big expansion plans to its West Alabama Street location—in the form of a new building with an additional 15,000 square feet of indoor space and a 5,000-square-foot rooftop terrace. The space will feature vignettes of designer installations from the likes of Paola Lenti, B&B Italia, Flexform and Fendi Casa, all of which are exclusive to BeDESIGN.
7. For the Bon Vivant From indoor living accents to outdoor furnishings, David Sutherland provides a wealth of options sourced from some of the most storied names in the business.
Photography by: from top, photos: by Kerry Kirk; courtesy of Cantoni