1. If bubbles and a lively scene are mom’s thing, River Oaks newcomer A’bouzy (2300 Westheimer Rd., 713.722.6899) is the ticket. Start with Champagne and the signature tuna watermelon sashimi. Move on to a crab omelet with tomatillo sauce and strawberry salad or beef tenderloin.
2. Celebrate in style at Brennan’s (3300 Smith St., 713.522.9711) on the beautiful courtyard. Favorites include crawfish omelets, Texas pecan crusted catfish, eggs sardou benedict, and sherry-laced turtle soup. Don’t pass up the springtime strawberry shortcake.
3. For a taste of Argentina, Tango & Malbec (2800 Sage Rd., 713.629.8646) features a Mother’s Day special that includes one mimosa plus a starter, entrée and dessert ($38). Feast on dishes like filet mignon with peppercorn sauce, pan-seared salmon and cuatro leches.
4. Hip moms will relish a trip to The Pass & Provisions (807 Taft St., 713.628.9020) for the cleverly prepared four-course tasting menu at The Pass ($55). Provisions will feature a three-course brunch ($45). Seatings: 11AM and 1:30PM.
5. Dazzle her at stylish Yautcha (5045 Westheimer Rd., 713.357.7588) in the Galleria with upscale dim sum, beautiful cocktails or tea service complete with exquisite desserts from the in-house patisserie. Gift Mom a box to take home!